Monday, April 26, 2010

Its Spring...

Hi there everyone.

Well, its spring and I wish I had something new to talk to you about but it is more of the same old same old. My symptoms are actually getting worse, which is to be expected given the fact that it has been almost a year since my surgery but the implants are holding their own. The only trouble is my voice has not got any better and depending on the circumstance is probably worse. I have been back to the neuro modulation clinic in Regina a couple of times and they spend a lot of time tinkering on the settings and nothing seems to help. It is getting very frustrating but I am getting to the point that I am ready to accept my lot in life and move on.

Connie and I attended the funeral of the wife of a hockey friend in Manitoba a while ago and met someone who is in the same boat I am. He had the surgery a few years ago and fought many of the same battles I am. He suggested I go see the Doctors at the Winnipeg Movement Disorder clinic as he felt they could help. Going to see a doctor in a different province than the one you live in can be a challenge at times but I think it is time to try something else or else, like I said earlier, accept things as they are.

It becomes very easy to shrink back into your own world and purposefully avoid people because you can"t communicate with them but that is not the right thing to do. The one nice thing about communicating with people in the world of texting, emails and facebook is that you can type, you don"t need to talk. That is not right either but in my situation it might be the one avenue I have left. I am tired of going into the local coffee shop and not have people sit with you because they can't understand what you are trying to say but at the same time, would I be any different? I like to think that I look at the world differently now and I am probably just more sensitive to how people behave because I am the one who feels hard done by. My how times and circumstances change.

On a bit of a side note, if you are looking for some interesting reading sometime, Google the words "Mirapex side effects". I was on this drug for seven years and went off of it in March of 2009. The reasons why would fill another blog so I wont go into it right now. It is just one more challenge I have faced in life. I have joined a class action law suit that has been filed against the drug company that makes Mirapex. I will try and keep you posted on that as well.

I know I haven"t updated this blog as often as I should but I will try and be more diligent. Typing may very soon be all I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment