Friday, February 10, 2012

Meds..

Medication can be a funny thing. After popping different kinds of pills in varying quantities for over 10 years now, the inevitable finally happened and the Sinimet or levadopa/carbidopa I was taking lost most of its effectiveness. My doctor put me on a drug called Prolopa. It is still part of the levadopa family but a slightly different recipe. I was hoping that this drug would last a little longer but it doesn't seem that way. I have had to turn my implants up considerably which makes my balance and speech that much worse. Oh joy. That is one thing I will say for the implants. They are consistent and always there. Not like popping pills when how they work depends on what else is in your stomach or when you last ate.

Lets hope the implants work for a long time. Because I already know that medication will not.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment