Thursday, February 9, 2012

Some days are better than others...

I get asked quite often how I am feeling. My pat answer is "some days are better than others but today isn't to bad."

I have always maintained that whatever a normal day is, as long as there are more good days than bad days, life is good. That adage can apply regardless of you circumstance because your 'normal' day will be whatever it is or however you are feeling. Confused yet? A normal day for me is totally different than a normal day for someone without Parkinson's and different too than somebody who has terminal cancer.

My point is we all have to live with the cards that life deals us, be they good or not so good. What is unfortunate, or fortunate depending on your point of view, is that the normal of someone like me is slowly and progressively getting worse and worse. All that keeps me sane is the hope that if today is not a good or normal day, tomorrow will be a better day. Regardless of how poor 'normal' becomes. There is always hope for tomorrow.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment