Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mixed emotions..

Well, my surgery is this Thursday and as much as I want the surgery to happen, it is not without some trepidation. The thought of 10 hours of surgery is intimidating enough but things will be ok.

Friends of ours are hosting a benefit for us tomorrow. It feels strange to be on the receiving end of a community's generosity when we have been involved with so many benefits for others over the years. Connie and I are truly blessed to have the generous caring friends we have both here in Herbert and in the hockey community across the country. Thank-you so much.

Monday will be an interesting day as we prepare for the week ahead leading up to D-day. There is lots going on and I will talk more about that next week.

Take care everyone and I will talk to you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment