Sunday, June 21, 2009

Surgery - 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM

The doctors weren't wrong. The second implant went somewhat better than the first one. Same routine. Check, re-check and re-re-check coordinates on the drill and the stealth. Only one small glitch. It didn't end up in the exact spot they wanted it. It was only 2 mm out but that I guess, is a big deal. I shouldn't say they missed the spot. They decided there was a better spot for it which was 2 mm over and 2 mm down. As little a distance as that is, it required about 30 minutes or so of recalculations which needed to be checked and re-checked, I think you get the picture. The implant was re-inserted, locked down and wired in. Then, finally, that damn halo came off and I was prepped for the surgery to install the power pack. That is all I remember until I woke up in the surgical intensive care unit in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment