Sunday, June 21, 2009

Post Op

When I woke up in SICU there was a buzz of activity to get me ready for the night. If the implants were going to be rejected by the body it would happen within the first 24 hours. After the nurses had me settled in my bed, my family was allowed to come in and see me. Connie, Lisa, Cody, my parents, sister and niece had been there all day and I guess they were getting a little anxious when they weren't hearing anything. I think my Mother was pretty freaked when she saw me as I didn't look very good and was in pretty rough shape.

The nurses woke me up every hour throughout the night to check my vitals, take blood and see if I was still alive.

I would like to say something here about the nurses and staff at the Regina General. They were absolutely fantastic and professional in every sense of the word. These people deal with death on a daily basis and their treatment of me was exceptional and always positive. Many thanks to these wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. I've read alot about Deep Brain Stimulation but to read your description is incredible!! What a remarkable journey! We're thinking of you and Connie and wish you the very best of luck.
    Bill and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to God for keeping you well, for keeping the doctors making the right decisions and moves and the nurses for their care. Glad it went well and will continue to wish you the best
    janice

    ReplyDelete